Consent and Assurance
LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR’S DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prior to election to the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Division of the Pacific Northwest District of Kiwanis International indicated in the form below, I have been informed of the Duties and Responsibilities of that office and I understand them to be as follows:
- As Lieutenant Governor-designate, I will attend the District Convention held during the current year, Lt. Governor Training, and will also attend the Club Leadership Education Training in my area, Training Sessions, and Board Meetings held before and after the convention.
- As Lieutenant Governor-designate, I will arrange and conduct a Training Conference for Club Officers following the District Club Leadership Education (CLE) Training and prior to October 1.
- As the Lieutenant Governor-designate, I will make a minimum of one EDUCATION & CONTACT VISIT to each club in the Division. The EDUCATION & CONTACT VISIT will be made prior to October 1.
- In addition to the EDUCATION & CONTACT VISIT, I will make and report one OFFICIAL CLUB VISIT and one OFFICIAL BOARD VISIT to each club in the Division during my tenure. This will constitute a minimum of three visitations to each and every club in the Division, either personally or electronically, as part of the Lieutenant Governor’s duties.
- I will file Lieutenant Governor reports by the following dates: December 1, March 15, May 1, July 31
- As the Lieutenant Governor, I will attend Club Leadership Education (CLE) Training in my area and scheduled District Board Meetings for Mid-Winter and at District Convention and other interim Board meetings announced by the district.
- Attendance at the International Convention is a highlight of the Lieutenant Governor’s year in office. I will attend if it is at all possible
- As Lieutenant Governor, I shall promote the International, District, and Divisional Programs of Services; and District and Division Goals as set forth by, and under the direction of, the District Governor.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will issue a monthly bulletin to the clubs of the Division, the Governor, and the District Secretary.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will secure a successor in the manner provided in ARTICLE VII, Section 5 of the District Bylaws. In no event shall the election of a successor be delayed beyond the limits specified in the Bylaws. At the same time, I will secure a qualified individual to serve as Lieutenant Governor-elect for the succeeding year.